To connect to a server using Remote Desktop, follow these easy steps:
- If you are running Windows Vista or Window 7 the Remote Desktop Connection can be found at â€˜Start,â€™ â€˜All Programs,â€™ â€˜Accessories,â€™ â€˜Remote Desktop Connection.â€™
You can also use the search function from any other Windows OS under your start menu, search for "Remote" and you click on "Remote Desktop Connection" to start connecting
- The window for the Remote Desktop opens asking for a computer. You enter your server's IP address in this textbox.
- Also click on the options arrow in the bottom left corner, this will open more options for the setup. Go to the "Local Resources" tab where you will see a couple of checkboxes for Printers and Clipboard. Underneath these, click on the "more" button and check the checkboxes to allow ports, plug-n-play devices and drivers to be used by the remote computer. After checking these, you can click on OK to exit this window.
- Now back in the Remote Desktop window, you can click on "Connect" , this will bring up another window to enter your Username and Password ( provided in your server's welcome email ), after this is entered you can click on ok, to connect to your server.
- You are now connected to your Windows server through RDP and can start using your server.